Now Hiring – Deadline is December 30th
The Manager of Business Development and Marketing will generally be responsible for the development and implementation of direct and indirect services and/or programs that lead to new job creation via the location of new and/or the expansion of existing business and industry in the County of Madera. The Manager of Business Development and Marketing will report directly to and receive supervision from the Executive Director of the Economic Development Commission.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generally assists the Executive Director in initiating a planned county-wide program of business and industry recruitment and expansion built on a foundation of communication, public relations, customer service, and community involvement.
- Provides leadership responsibility for recruiting efforts and follow up on prospect leads.
- Provides and arranges for site tours and location team assemblage
- Works with business prospects to develop and determine their requirements and remedies/removes obstacles that may impede relocation
- Maintains a Lead Management Database and creates monthly lead reports
- Produces marketing materials for prospect recruitment; prepares proposals for new business and industry prospects
- Runs Marketing Missions- cold call, mail & email campaigns, set appointments and schedule
- Works closely with member communities to develop economic development strategies and programs for recruiting new business and industry
- Works closely with partner agencies and serves on committees
- Serves in lead capacity for developing the MCEDC marketing program
- Represents the MCEDC at trade shows and various in-house, regional, and state marketing events
- Prepares, produces, and disseminates effective media and public relations materials.
- Prepares and gives professional presentations with PowerPoint slides
- Undertakes public speaking engagements as appropriate
- Participates in workshops, seminars, and conferences as a representative of the MCEDC
- Website Management/Word Press Platform- Updates include property listings, community events, and blogs
- Manages Social Media Accounts
- Creates social content including videos
- Creates a monthly email newsletter via Constant Contact
- Website and Social Media Analytics
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the media.
- Creates press releases and runs media campaigns
- Demographic Research
- Prior experience with client services
- Marketing/sales experience
- Experience with group organizational activity; capacity to organize action groups and conduct planning sessions
- Ability and background in promotions and public relations
- Computer skills
- Economic development operations (helpful)
- Business & industry operations
- State & local government operations (helpful)
- Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems
- Adobe Software- Photoshop & In Design
- Final Cut Software (Video Editing) (helpful)
- Microsoft Suite
- Act!- Lead Management Software (helpful)
- Superior work ethic and attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative ability
- Problem solving capacity
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strength and presence of character
- Conflict management
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Business, Marketing, Public Administration, Industrial Relations, Community Leadership, Graphic Design, Communications or a related field
- At least two years of full-time experience in a business, government, private/non-profit organization where client service was the primary focus
- Valid California Drivers License and reliable transportation is required
Compensation: Range $45,000 to $50,000 plus generous benefits package.
- Email cover letter and resume to Bobby Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30th.
Click here for a print out.