Bobby Kahn, Madera County EDC
Robert Sullivan, Amond World LLC
Origo Investments and Amond World LLC. To Break Ground on A Premium Refrigerated Cold Storage Facility
MADERA, CA | June 15, 2022 | Amond World LLC, in conjunction with Origo Investments has announced their newest endeavor. Amond World, cold storage facilities will break ground on June 28th at 10:30 am North of 2842 North Golden State Blvd Madera, CA. The groundbreaking ceremony will feature company representatives, local government, and business leaders.
“Amond World is excited to build and soon deliver a critical component to farmers and processors,” said Robert Sullivan, Managing Partner of Amond World LLC.
Span Construction & Engineering, Inc., the general contractor for the project, expects the first building to be completed in the spring of 2023. Once that facility building is operational Amond World LLC and Origo Investments will begin construction of the Phase Two building.
The ground-up development project, is a 250,000-square feet state modern state-of-the-art refrigerated cold storage facility in the Madera Airport Industrial Park, filling a critical need for farmers and processors. The storage facility will increase profitability and extend shelf life by up two years. Once completed, each facility will hold approximately 50 million pounds of bins and/or finished product.
About Amond World LLC.
Robert Sullivan, and Steve Sagouspe, are the Managing Partners of Amond World LLC.. With a track record of success, Robert and Steve add an immense wealth of knowledge to the project, overseeing each aspect of their investments, that will allow them to push the project’s success limits.
MADERA COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
Job Description for
The Executive Director (Director) is the chief executive officer of the Madera County Economic Development Commissioner (MCEDC), a joint powers agency comprised of the County of Madera, the City of Madera, and the City of Chowchilla.
The Director is charged with the overall formulation and implementation of a comprehensive program of economic development that serves the entire County of Madera; the hiring, training, and supervision of the MCEDC staff, and generating the MCEDC budget. The Director will report directly to and receive supervision from the MCEDC Executive Committee.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the comprehensive economic development plan and strategies for the County of Madera and its Cities
- Establishes the MCEDC Program of work.
- Prepares and implements the MCEDC annual budget
- Serves as lead resource for economic development deal structuring and project management activities of the MCEDC
- Acts as lead resource for recruiting and attracting major economic projects to the County of Madera and its Cities
- Provides staff oversight for overall MCEDC industry recruitment and expansion strategies
- Resources capital and secures financing for economic development projects
- Develops and interprets MCEDC public relations strategy
- Serves as lead representative for the MCEDC relative to public speaking engagements and at related meetings, community forums and educational programs
- Takes a lead role in developing an attitude of community support relative to MCEDC activities
- Formulates and implements a county-wide resource assistance program for agencies and organizations engaged in economic development
- Represents the MCEDC in in-state, out-of-state, and international economic development opportunities- Formulates an international program to promote Madera County and its Cities
- Serves in lead liaison capacity with all regional, state, and federal personnel and programs that might benefit Madera County
- Provides research and analysis, interpret data and generates reports, proposals, and working documents relative to the economic development charge
- Formulates and drafts MCEDC position statements relating to projects, programs, or issues of public policy concerning economic development
- Oversees and/or prepares applications for state and federal programs
- Serves as Administrative Officer for MCEDC and the MCEDC Executive Board
- Provides direction to and supervision for MCEDC staff
- Provides oversight for all internal operations
- Prepares agenda’s and staff reports for MCEDC monthly meetings
- Proven, successful track record in the field of economic/community development
- Project management and “deal making” experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Extremely strong writing and analytical skills
- Capacity for establishing and maintaining communications with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience in staff supervision and organizational operations
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Board/Commission relationships
- Business & industry operations
- State and local government
- Superior work ethic and attitude
- Capacity to thrive on success
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extremely well organized
- Highly creative ability
- Strength and presence of character
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of successful leadership experience in an economic development organization or related business enterprise; graduation from an accredited college or university, with at least a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Business, Public Administration, Community Leadership etc.); a minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in an economic/community development, business or related setting, where the level of responsibility would be consistent with and demonstrate proficiency in the required tasks.
Other: A valid California Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required. Essential duties require the following physical skills and/or work environment: Ability to walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb and life 25 lbs.; exposure to the outdoors, ability to travel to different sites and locations.
Compensation: $110,000 to $133,678 plus benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Madera County Economic Development Commission does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, age, in any of its programs and activities.
- Email cover letter and resume to Bobby Kahn at email@example.com
Bobby Kahn, Madera County EDC
Erin Volpp, WHSE Partners
Local Developer to Break Ground on Multi-Tenant Light Industrial Business Park Focused on Small Business Users
MADERA, CA | NOVEMBER 19, 2021| WHSE Partners, (pronounced ‘warehouse’), a developer and leading expert of industrial real estate in California, announced their newest endeavor. Madera Industrial Business Park will break ground on November 30th at 10:30 am 325 South Schnoor Avenue. The groundbreaking ceremony will feature company representatives, local government, and business leaders.
“WHSE Partners is excited to build and soon deliver a critical industrial component of Madera, The pro-business environment and central location of Madera make the city a dynamic partner in this project,” said Rob Boese, founder, and CEO of WHSE Partners.
Construction of Madera Industrial WHSE is expected to be delivered in the summer of 2022 and will be 144,000 square feet, (74 units of 1,950 sq. ft.), of multi-tenant light industrial space to an area that has a high leasing demand. The WHSE Partners Team, with the help of the builder DBKO Design + Build and the City of Madera, have taken Madera Industrial WHSE from design concept to groundbreaking in just 10 months.
The ground-up development project, Madera Industrial WHSE, is a modern take on a fundamental real estate asset, filling a critical gap in the Central Valley Market. The property will be strategically positioned in an existing industrial corridor less than two miles from Highway 99. Once developed, the project will provide additional support to the local business community by delivering up to 74 small business job spaces to the City of Madera.
About WHSE Partners
Spearheaded by Robe Boese, CEO, and Erin Volpp, COO, WHSE Partners have paved their way into the real estate industry as some of the finest business professionals. With a track record of success, Rob and Erin add immense wealth and knowledge to all their projects, meticulously overseeing each aspect of their investments, allowing them to push the limits of success for their investors.
The County of Madera and the Madera County Economic Development Commission (MCEDC) will be administrating funding received by the City of Madera by the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) COVID relief. MCEDC applied for and was awarded $150,000 to help Micro Enterprise Businesses in the City of Madera impacted by COVID-19. The grant program will provide grants to eligible businesses.
- The grant amount will be $5,000.
- Businesses with five (5) or less employees are eligible applicants.
- Business owner must be a low to moderate income earner, per HUD income limits.
Applications are available on the MCEDC website and will be accepted through April 2, 2021 at 5pm. Applications received on or before that date will continue to be processed, but no applications will be accepted after the 2nd. The City/MCEDC has adequate funding available for small businesses and highly encourages businesses to apply before the deadline. The Federal Government is the source of the funding through the Coronavirus, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and the guidelines of CARES require the funds to be spent by within six (6) months of receiving funds.
If businesses are looking to apply for grant funding please visit mcedcmicrobusinessgrant.com or call the MCEDC office at (559) 675-7768 for assistance. For Spanish speaking businesses, assistance with translation and/or completing the grant application is available.
Bobby Kahn, Executive Director
Madera County Economic Development Commission
Phone: (559) 675-7768
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Madera County Economic Development Commission Welcomes New Manager of Business Development and Marketing
Madera, CA. (March 1, 2021) Madera County Economic Development Commission (MCEDC) is proud to announce and welcome Maritza Garcia as the Commission’s Manager of Business Development and Marketing. Garcia will be responsible for the development and implementation of direct and indirect services and/or programs that lead to new job creation in the County of Madera.
“We feel very fortunate to be able to add someone with Maritza’s skill sets to our staff,” said Bobby Kahn, Executive Director of MCEDC. “With her technical abilities and marketing background she will be able to hit the ground running. I am excited to have her as part of the team,” Kahn added.
Garcia, a native of Chowchilla, comes to MCEDC with 5 years of experience in marketing working alongside companies in various industries ranging from education, non-profit, real estate and manufacturing. She is a graduate of Fresno State, with a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing.
Garcia joins the MCEDC team from Bright Ideas Construction where she assisted customers with program requests. Bright Ideas Construction, located in Merced, CA, is an authorized PG&E subcontractor for the Energy Savings Assistance Program. She also served as La Tapatia Tortilleria, Inc. (LTTI) Marketing Associate, a manufacturer of tortillas and tortilla chips where she successfully launched an online brand awareness plan. With her guidance, she increased LTTI following by 50% across all forums, online customers doubled and help develop lasting relationships with partners and customers.
About Madera County EDC
Madera County Economic Development Commission (MCEDC) is a joint Powers Authority comprised of the County of Madera, the City of Madera, and the City of Chowchilla. MCEDC’s mission is to position Madera County as an economically viable and vibrant county through a multifaceted and diversified economic base. MCEDC assists business with development projects, site selection, demographics, and business incentives. wwww.maderacountyedc.com