Small Business Business Pandemic Assistance Grant Program
Grant funds may be used for investment in working capital, purchase of new certified equipment, payment of business debt accrued due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses located in the County of Madera ( countywide, including City of Chowchilla and City of Madera).
- Applicants shall be businesses physically located and operating within Madera County, including the Cities of Chowchilla and Madera.
- Grant funds will be limited to (1) grant per business entity.
- Business has been legally operating prior to December 31, 2019.
- Business must show a demonstrated economic need and have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Business must have at least a 10% reduction in revenue between 2019 and 2020.
- Business must have $50,000 or less in revenue for taxable year 2019.
- Business must have 5 or less employees, currently and in 2019 and 2020.
- Business applicant DID NOT receive California Small Business COVID Relief grant funding.
- Non-profits are eligible to apply if they comply with all eligibility requirements of the program including having made a minimum of $1,000 in revenue in the 2019 Taxable year.
- Business must complete a W9
The Following Businesses or Organizations are NOT Eligible for this Grant Opportunity
- Religious organizations or religiously affiliated groups.
- Real Estate and Airbnb businesses.
- Recipients of the California Small Business COVID Relief grant funding.
- Businesses where county staff and board of supervisors or their spouses, domestic partners or dependents hold a financial stake.
- Newspaper, television, radio and other media services
- Gambling establishments
- Cannabis operations
- Local outlets of national chains unless privately and locally owned and operated
- Businesses that are not in compliance or plan to not be in compliance with existing and future gubernatorial executive orders and state and local health officer orders.
Madera County received funds from the State of California to provide $2,500 grants to eligible micro-business impacted by COVID-19.
Micro Business is defined as a business with five (5) or less employees including the Business owner. A micro business with gross revenues less than $50,ooo in tax year 2019 is eligible.
A. Completed Applications
B. Business Verification Documents:
- Government-issued ID
- Current Business License
- 2019 and 2020 Business Tax Return
- Completed W9
No, businesses that received a California Small Business COVID 19 Relief grant are not eligible.
Non-profit organizations are eligible to apply, must have had at least $1,000 in revenue in 2019.
No, but your business MUST be located in Madera County.
Eligible uses of grant funds include: Working capital, purchase of new certified equipment, business debt accrued due to COVID 19 pandemic, costs of related health and safety restrictions, or business interruption or closures incurred as a result of COVID 19.
You will be notified once your application is received and if more information is required. Once all documents are received, the application will be reviewed at the end of the application deadline. If it is approved the funds will be mailed to the address listed on the W9.
Applicants that have been approved or have received disaster relief funding such as Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), or any other CARES Act funded business assistance program, are eligible. Funds cannot be used to cover the same expenses for the same period that PPP/EIDL/CARES Act funds covered. Applications cannot have received a grant from the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant PRogram. Preference will be given to those qualified businesses that have NOT received any grant funding.